Recorded Narrations Puzzle
Mayan Tile Calendar Puzzle
Mayan Monolith Calendar Puzzle
This goes on the outside of the two circles.
1. Pacal ruled over which city in present day Mexico? Palenque.
2. What is the name of Pacal’s mother? Lady Zac Kuk.
3. What is the name of the calendar used to computer the 260 day ceremonial year? Tzolkin.
4. What is the name of the ‘supreme’ god in Maya mythology? Itzamna.
5. What is the name of a modern Maya language? Quiche.
Corn Roll Puzzle
Each player gets two rolls. One the second roll you can choose to pass for either warrior. You are the orange warrior. When you land on the same square as the blue warrior, you have captured him. When you capture four of him you win.
1. Set to 4; high height
2. Set to 3; medium height
3. Set to 5; medium height
4. Set to 6; low height
Push M for a map of the maze.
Quiz1. What is the name of one of Shield Jaguar’s wives? Lady Xoc.
2. Which Maya ‘monster’ represents the continuous ‘cycle of life and death’? Bicephalic.
3. What did the Maya call a decorative woven blouse? huipil.
4. What is a ‘cahal’? prominent nobleman.
5. What is the name of a Maya matchmaker? Atanzahab.
Xbalanque – Jaguar God
Kukulcan – Wind God
Yum Cimil – God of Death
Ekahau – God of Travelers
Ixchel – Moon Goddess
Balac – War God
Tlaloc – Rain God
Ahau Kin – Sun God
Yum Kaax – Corn God
Coatimundi (You must get this answer from Henrik in the hospital before it will work.)